I’ve been running myself a bit mentally ragged with applications, writing and just keeping the business of my life together. I’ve had snippets of things I wanted to post about – but I can’t get it together to write a clear, focused entry. So, I’ll give you a bullet point list – I seem to be a fan of the mental and visual organization involved in this process.
1. I have two short pieces being performed in the next two weeks! One is a short piece as part of the Generations Project Reading Series on the night of the 15th. It’s a piece based on my dad so it’s been a challenge to write. Here’s a link:
The second is my short play The Tracks are Electrified as part of Squeaky Bicycle Productions. That is running Nov. 11th and Nov. 17th to the 20th at 7:30 pm. Tickets are available here:
2. Writing an autobiographical play or based on facts from your family history is HARD.
3. Tomorrow night I’m seeing Dorothy Fortenberry’s Good Egg produced by the Red Fern Theatre Company. Dorothy was in my playwriting group the Sewanee Writers Conference and I got to hear a piece from this play and I really enjoyed it.
4. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about learning how to utilize three dimensional space in a more theatrical way. I feel like too often I have characters talking in a space and not using it to its full potential. This is one of the things that frustrates me most as a writer.
5. Has anyone ever had Insomnia cookies? They are amazing. Hands down the best cookies I’ve ever had. Though, now I am in a cookie coma, which may account for this bullet point post.